Joe Alterio's blog on illustration, comix, design, animation, and other bouts of total awesomeness.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sketchblog 2/28/08



Above is another poster in the series I'm doing for Blue Flavor. You can see the first one here.

I like this one quite a bit: the palette reminds me of some late 60s children's books I used to pore over as a kid: heavy, red-influenced blues with some orange-reds, a seemingly popular color scheme at the time and one that I still can't get out of my head. I often wonder how much one's visual aesthetics is influenced by one's very early development window of colors and shapes. I love (and always use) that type of bright sky blue: did I have a crib that color at some point? I have to ask my parents...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you did have a crib that color.
When you were 2!

Dad

Joe said...

Really? Wow. Mind = blown.