Joe Alterio's blog on illustration, comix, design, animation, and other bouts of total awesomeness.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Kim Dietch Interview



One of my favorite artists from the 60's underground SF scene is Kim Deitch. I'm not sure whether it's that he's just as raunchy as Gilbert Shelton but his drawings recall old school design (echoed later in the subsequent Air Pirates flap), or just that I grew up watching his station IDs he did for Nickelodeon: either way, he is an enduring giant on the scene, and the AIGA site has a great interview with him. Check it out.


As a side note: I may be shooting myself in the foot here, considering that fact that it's my own guild, but has any noticed how crappy the AIGA site looks? I'm no web designer, per se, but...the big black box in the top left corner sticking out like a sore thumb,the strange pallete, even the leading of the menu text...what is up with that? And the parts that aren't ugly are just BORING. You know, there's some folks in the design industry that take their website site, and what it says about them, seriously.

Maybe someone's kid got the redesign job...?

No comments: