Joe Alterio's blog on illustration, comix, design, animation, and other bouts of total awesomeness.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Sesame St. Animation



At the urging of a friend, I hunted down a few of the old school 1970's Sesame St. animations. They're just fantastic, both sublime and outrageous. (check out some of those other cartoons in that thread, too: yow!)It makes me weep the vapid state the visual palate kids have to choose from these days. John K., in his own insane way, is always complaining about the dull, pinked-based color junta that has taken over kid's entertainment these days, and he's right. Compared to these beauties, they look tired, sugary, and like they're talking down to our youth, which, of course, is what they have been doing for years.

1 comment:

Jason Beck said...

I still find myself singing 1-2-3-4-5,6-7-8-9-10,11-12 every now and then. I couldn't find it on the youtube though :-(

-J