Joe Alterio's blog on illustration, comix, design, animation, and other bouts of total awesomeness.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Call Me Ahab


Call Me Ahab
Originally uploaded by JoeAlterio
Self-portrait for the 'About' section of my new site. I find self-portraits to be awfully pretentious (I suppose by their nature), but I've never been able to do one of myself and feel good about it. I think this comes close enough, either because I need to hide behind on eyepatch, or because this is basically an exact replica of my dream-self.

I'm not thrilled about the line work, but I think for a slapdash color job, the quick color work is a pretty good approximation of that those heavy, yellowed clouds that make their appearance in most baroque oil paintings of the day.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Will you be wearing the eye patch at the wedding?